Contains meloxicam 30 mg / mL for cattle, horses and pigs
Single dose provides up to 3 days of efficacy
Higher concentration dose
90 day in-use shelf life
Longer Acting NSAID
Higher Melovem potency means 50% more cows treated per dose
Small volume injection for convenience and improved tolerability
Melovem is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) injectable solution containing meloxicam 30mg/mL
Meloxicam is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) of the oxicam class which acts by inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis, thereby exerting anti-inflammatory, anti-exudative, analgesic and antipyretic effects.
- For use in acute mastitis, in combination with antibiotic therapy, as appropriate, to reduce clinical symptoms in lactating cows.
- For use in acute respiratory infection with appropriate antibiotic therapy to reduce clinical signs.
- For use in diarrhoea in combination with oral rehydration therapy to reduce clinical signs in calves of over one week of age.
- For use in assisting in the control of pain following the dehorning of cattle particularly following heat cautery dehorning of young cattle. It is recommended that the injection be administered approximately 10 minutes before dehorning and be accompanied by cornual nerve block anaesthesia.
- For rapid initiation of therapy of musculoskeletal disorders and relief of pain associated with colic
- For use in acute non-infectious locomotor disorders to reduce the symptoms of lameness and inflammation.
- For use in puerperal septicaemia and toxaemia (mastitis-metritis-agalactia syndrome)
Cattle: Administer by subcutaneous or intravenous injection. Administer in combination with antibiotic therapy as appropriate. For single use only. 1.0mL per 60kg body weight (0.5 mg meloxicam / kg).
For young calves a dose rate of 0.3mL per 20kg is appropriate.
Horses: Administer 1.0mL per 50kg bodyweight (0.6 mg meloxicam / kg) by intravenous injection. For single use only.
Pigs: Administer 1.0mL per 75kg bodyweight (0.4 mg meloxicam / kg) by intramuscular injection in the anterior neck. Can be repeated once after 24 hours if necessary.
Do not use in animals suffering from impaired hepatic, cardiac or renal function and haemorrhagic disorders, or where there is evidence of ulcerogenic gastrointestinal disorders, or individual hypersensitivity to the product.
Contraindicated to administer concurrently with glucocorticoids, other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or with anti-coagulant agents. Should be used with caution in conjunction with other highly protein bound drugs.
Administration is well tolerated in cattle; only a slight transient swelling at the injection site following subcutaneous administration has been observed in some cattle treated in clinical studies.
In the case of overdosage, symptomatic treatment should be initiated.
Cattle producing meat or offal for human consumption must not be sold for slaughter either during treatment or within 10 days of cessation of the last treatment.
Horses producing meat or offal for human consumption must not be sold for slaughter either during treatment or within 28 days of cessation of the last treatment.
Pigs producing meat or offal for human consumption must not be sold for slaughter either during treatment or within 3 days of cessation of the last treatment.
Milk: Milk from cattle intended for sale for human consumption must be discarded during treatment and for not less than 84 hours following the last treatment.
Human First Aid, Symptoms of Poisoning
Wear protective gloves and eye protection. Wash hands and exposed skin thoroughly after handling. Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace. Store locked up. People with known hypersensitivity to NSAIDs should avoid contact with this product. Meloxicam exposure is contraindicated in pregnant women.
Store below 25°C (room temperature). Use remainder of vial within 90 days of opening, or discard unused portion.
Restricted Veterinary Medicine, ACVM Registration Number: A11562. Only available only under veterinary authorisation.
Melovem 30 Label Melovem 30 SDS Melovem 30 Brochure Melovem 30 Fact Sheet KetoMax Melovem Detailer Tech Bulletin N2.1 - Pain Relief for Calf Disbudding Vet Newsletter - Pain Relief Calf Disbudding Vet Newsletter - Pain Relief Lameness Vet Newsletter - Pain Relief Mastitis Vet Newsletter - Pain Relief Calving Season